Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the cruise on my 95SS has been dead for about a year. I did the diagnostic procedure in the service manual and it basically said the module is dead. The part number on a sticker on the side is 25140862. The same sticker is on my 96RMW. But when I look up 'correct' part number for the 95 model with OBD1, it says it should take a part number 25140611. Does the cruise module for the 96 work in the 95? Just wondering which module to get - I have two parts cars in my local salvage yard to get the modules from - one from a 96 and the other from a 95.

Thanks for any help you can give.

RT

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
I bought a used one off this forum for my 96 with part # ending 862 "J". Since you have the same part # for your 95 (and assumed it did work before) than it would seem it also works for 95 cars

Given the local yard has both 95 & 96 donor cars you can get either.

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
Get both and keep one for a spare. The difference is the cables.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, this is embarrassing. I had traced it to a bad module, thinking it was the top half (cover) of the unit. I pulled it off last night and inside I saw the yellow 'cable' loose around the spool. Lots of slack. I looked over at my Aftermarket (!) throttle body and the guy who'd rebuilt my engine had attached the cruise clip to the wrong stud on the TB cam! (On Holly TB's there are two studs on the cam, not just one, like the GM TB). That was all that was wrong. I connected it to the other stud, which then took up the slack, and it worked fine. Only tested it at about 35 mph but seemed ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts