Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After sitting for almost two years, got my SS back in May. Cruise control worked fine. I had some issues pertaining to the car sitting so long - oil cooler lines, PS pump lines, and water pump, which are now fixed. The car sat a bit more over the last three months. Now getting it back on the road, finding the cruise doesn't work. Fuse is fine. Where would be the first place to check?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
First choice

If your 95 is like the 94 the first checks would be at the underhood module.

The gray wire (cavity A) is from the cruise switch on the turn signal. On my car I have to cycle it off, on, and resume several times every once in a while (engine Off) to get the cruise going. This cleans the switch contacts. Some people have trouble with the set switch Dk blue (cavity B). Pressing it several times (engine Off) may get it working. Firm deep press several times. Last common problem is the cruise brake switch brown (cavity D) which is backward to the regular brake switch. It may have shifted position or failed. After that check all power and grounds wires ect.

The Vss signal goes to the speedometer, cruise control, and the chime module. If the speedometer is OK this is the last thing I would worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts