Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm currently looking at adding a caprice CC unit into my 63 C-10. I've got some questions on wiring. Obviously connecting power and speedometer signal is pretty straight forward. I'm planing on a simple on off switch and a momentary 2 way toggle on the dashboard to mimic all the stalk controls. I guess my biggest question is do I need to have both brake pedal signals? One is +12v to off and the other is off to +12v but both are operated by the brake pedal. Also do I need to have a minimum resistance on one of them to make sure it works right?

-Brian

·
Registered
11,217 Posts
You need the brake disconnect to allow you to use the brakes when in CC. If you do not disconnect, you will be fighting the cruise control, that will try to maintain speed. You can adapt the switch from the 93 as well.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the need for a brake pedal signal, but do I need both. The wiring diagram shows both a normally open and normally closed pair of switches both of which trigger from the brake pedal.

-Brian

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Safety feature.

The circuit requires both switches.

The manual says the 3rd brake light is needed. I think it gives the moduel a definite 12V/0V signal. It could be replaced with a resistor.

Every cruise I have worked on has three turn off methods. A on/off switch, a brake switch, and a third system. Old cars had a vacume dump switch on the brake pedal bracket. My crown vic has a hydralic switch. The Caprice has a extra cruise switch on the brake pedal bracket.

I think it is a goverment requirement.

·
Registered
26 Posts
One of swith at over the clutch block converter circuit and other over brake lights and CC. you jut need both if you have a cluth block converter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts