Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my issue is I have no cruise control on my roadie sedan module is connected electrically and to the throttle body all plugs on bottom of dash going to pedals all llook to be connected and in place, cruies control stalk moves in and out and I get no light on dash to show cruise.

once I get up to setting the speed it will not do anything. I would really like to get this sucker going as I wanted to take some long drives.

any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I even checked the fuse and it was good whats next in troubleshooting the problem?

·
Registered
145 Posts
You may need to do the diagnostic steps in the factory service manual. For my '92 you just need a lighted tester and a digital multimeter. I just did the diagnostics a few weeks ago when mine stopped working. I'm no electronics guru by far and it was simple, turned out to be a bad cruise module. I went to the Pull-A-Part and grabbed three of them just to be safe, 21.50 each IIRC. I installed the lowest mileage unit and it worked fine, then I returned the other two modules for credit.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any other idea besides just wapping parts none of the junkyards out here have b bodys its been this way for a little while.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
If you do not want to swap parts, you have to diagnose the problem. The FSM has the steps. You have those two choices. I guess if you waved your magic wand over it that is a third possibility. A non functioning unit only has a few parts. If one of them is not working you have to replace the bad part. The parts that control it are the upper brake switch, the module, and the stalk. There are wires and connectors, but that is all there is to the system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts