Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked my 96 impala on a relatively steep hill the other day on a relatively cool night. Got in the next morning starts no issue but low oil light was on. Didn't think nothing of it as I was on a steep hill. Gave it a bit of gas. Or like a lot of gas to pull out and it got to about maybe 25 hundred rooms and just cut out. No sputter and die just dead. Yes full tank of gas so I know not fuel related. I have recently read through post that the oil pressure on my cRedit is just an open or close switch but it is tied in to the fuel pump circuit. Is that most likely what took the engine out. It did start back no hesitation. And I checked the oil level on flat ground. Was just under the add mark. My bad I didn't realise it was leaking that bad.

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
The oil switch threshold is 5 PSI. Did you get a code? If not, you might want to just watch the car for now. You could have a loose wire somewhere, or something touched ground that was not supposed to.

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
when you were parked on the "steep" hill...was the car nose up or down?

If nose down....given the "steep" angle you parked and being over a qt low...it is possible the oil was not reaching the oil PU/pump...and no oil pressure so ECU commanded motor shut off.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It was nose down, I'm sorry I though I put that in the op. And that's good to know the Ecuador will do that. Still shame on me for running her that low on oil. I didn't get a code. But I haven't put a scanner to look for a possible pending code.
Thanks for the input guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.