Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.impalasuperstore.com/naisso/Forum2009/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=46996

Just need one more person and we'll have 25% off on upper and lower control arms. These are the ones Rustic used to sell if I am not mistaken. They utilize a 'johnny joint' similar to a rod end but with more travel to avoid binding. Looks like a great quality part, those who have them love them.

price is $350 for lowers and $300 for uppers before the discount. We get 25% off if we get one more buyer. Who is in?!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so lets see who is in.

1)myself
2)Joker
3)B'klyn9c1
4)x

5)SOB96 is down for the 5th if we get a 4th person

Am I missing anyone? One more person we can make the order.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I might be in for this, just want to see the quality first. do they come in different colors or only black?

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I might be in for this, just want to see the quality first. do they come in different colors or only black?
Out of all the arms on the market. these are probably the best ones there are.

Anybody run an Ha bar on these?

Damn you Snakey. If you get in on this I'll be spending more cash. Bought a forged 396 rotating assembly last week and ported TFS heads.
I'm sob96 on the other forum.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snakey, there are pictures in the link I posed to the impalaclub thread. From what I have seen from Currie, they make VERY nice stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I ran the BMR HA look alike on mine for a little bit before switching the the Helwig.. Worked fine, I just didn't need that much bar anymore once I stiffened up the front springs.
Cool. I was just wondering cause these arms don't have the bar flat against the arm.

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
Looks like im out. I will prob go with the UMi's in the future, since i really want red anyways. Just dont have the cash, as i will be buying bumpers soon and have a ticket to pay for this weekend as well ;)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Cool. I was just wondering cause these arms don't have the bar flat against the arm.
True, I was concerned about that too, at first.. but the wall thickness of the tube, design of the bar mounts and mounting hardware on these don't require the flat piece for added strength. So far so good.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, we have 5. Just asking RJI about the details and then i'll call Currie up and figure out how to place the order. I'll keep everyone updated (first time doing a group buy but i'll try to make it speedy...I gotta start putting my chassis back to a rolling one soon anyway so im all over this lol)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
OK, we have 5. Just asking RJI about the details and then i'll call Currie up and figure out how to place the order. I'll keep everyone updated (first time doing a group buy but i'll try to make it speedy...I gotta start putting my chassis back to a rolling one soon anyway so im all over this lol)
I answered you on the other forum. I don't know whats wrong with the PM.

The last time there was a GP, they were able to ship to different addresses. I think you can just arrange with Currie to use a promtional code so they know it's from the forum guys. They can all pay seperately and have their own addresses for shipping.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool, I am off to work but I will give currie a call if I get a break or if I am off. My shop deals with currie a lot so I should have their number there. I'll keep you all updated. And RJI, thanks again for bringing this group by to light!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I've been in touch with Travis at Currie. I asked how we should go about ordering the arms and he said the owner is out of town until Tuesday and that he'll email me when he's back with the details.

No doubt RJI, thanks a ton, I was originally happy with a 15% military discount, but damn, 25% off.........Way to go! Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Currie Arms GP

I'd like to get in on this as well. I think that makes seven.

·
Premium Member
8,416 Posts
What kind of discount could we get if we get a group order of 10 sets of uppers & lowers?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts