Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put a custom wheel on my Caprice but cannot find a kit to delete the fluff bags? Anyone know of one that is out there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Grant makes one. Cant remember the number though. I wasnt to happy with my aftermarket steering so back to the fluff bags.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the trenz all billet impala wheel now but i used to have a Le Carra Wheel and all you need to get is an air bag hub adaptor. i have not had an air bag on my impala since 1997 but also my car is all show. anyhow hope u find what you need.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I run a Lumina Sport three spoke wheel. No bag. Much sportier than stock... and no worries about adaptors.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have any pics of the Lumina Sport wheel? Just curious as to what it looks like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After carefully removing,and unplugging the stock bagged wheel,instead of buying a mod kit you'll have the red light in the dash cluster on, it's annoying,With the wheel off you'll be able to remove your dash face ,behind that plastic panel, you'll be able to acsess the few screws that hold your gauge cluster in,remove the screws and gently pull the cluster out,remember to unclip the gear indicator cable,it's held onto the lower part of the coloumn,it slides right off. Before doing this remember where the light is located in your cluster,then while it's out just remove the bulb.I went the next step and used some Meguiars plastic polish to clean the lense inside and out,tested and wiped off each and every bulb in the cluster,and with my girlfriend's fine make-up brush dusted the gauge face around all of the pointers,and carefully wiped it down with a small soft damp cloth,after reinstalling everything my dash was so much more clear and bright,with the red light gone. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.