Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all:

Some of you remember me from Tulsa, and that I won the Sound Off. Many expressed interest in the custom sub enclosures I had (fitting 2 JL 12W7's in there), so I decided to work out something with my stereo guy and attempt to mass produce them.

A partial picture is in my signature (on the right side - if you want more, I can dig some up). Basically, the idea is to be able to use ANY non-free air sub woofer you want in a B or D body using minimal space, allowing for a full size spare. If you use JL, that is a plus since my fabricator is a JL dealer, but we will accommodate virtually any brand.

At any rate, I was busy with finals (law student by trade now) and am finally crunching some numbers. I hope this will help the community fill a niche. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. I am not as technically gifted as HACK is in this realm, but I will do my best (again, not a business man, but a legal professional, so please be patient with me as this is my first venture into self-promotion / sales).

Prices and such hoping to have end of the week. Ball park guesstimates are not my thing, so I will post more when done. Wanted to post to day to (a) field any question you may have before we start making a product and (b) feel out the interest you may have.

Thanks for your time.

-Paul Heeringa (aka JAWSS)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do.

Here is a bigger pic of them:

Taken by Ed Runnion in Tulsa. We hope to sell them in grey carpet (but I like black as you can see).

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: price forthcoming. Fabricator in Wisconsin - stuck doing TONS of remote start installs (it was 3 degrees there this morning). I will keep you all informed!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool product Paul - I am definitely interested!!! 2 questions:

1 - Are these enclosures ported?
2 - Will they also be available for 10" subs? I am a rocker and like the "tightness" of 10" subs rather than the "boom" of 12"s/15"s...

Not urgent, just wondering...

Thanks,
Tim

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SSuspect:
Cool product Paul - I am definitely interested!!! 2 questions:

1 - Are these enclosures ported?
2 - Will they also be available for 10" subs? I am a rocker and like the "tightness" of 10" subs rather than the "boom" of 12"s/15"s...

Not urgent, just wondering...

Thanks,
Tim
Ported - no. Will be experimenting down the line with porting them, but for not, they will be one sealed piece.

10's - yes! I am a rocker too (long time Van Halen, Metallica, etc fan), but every once and a while got to have the Dr. Dre. 12's, done right, sound just as good for rock (I run HUGE 12's). Actually, from what I know, mid bass in the cabin helps in rock two. I would consider upgrading your internals to 6.5's and add some Dynamat too!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul,

Yup... Once I get the new enclosures, I am gonna Dynamat (or Ice Shield) or ??? the entire trunk and cabin.

I am currently running a Pioneer head unit with, 2 JL W0 10's in homemade boxes, MB Quart 6.5" seperates in the rear deck and Infinity plates up front (with 3 older Phoenix and Infinity amps running it all). It does pretty good for now, but it is time to UPGRADE!!!

I am going to go with an Eclipse head unit and Focal's front and rear. Not sure what I am going to do for amps yet, but I was thinking about going with Xtant.

I hear ya' with the Dr. Dre stuff... Every now and then, it is good to "shake things up"...

Thanks for the info!!!

TR

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,
Just wondering if you can mount those pods anywhere else in the trunk other than those two corners?

Thank you
SoKooLss

1 - 11 of 11 Posts