Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I've had my Impala for sale for a few months and I realize it is going to be hard to sell the car with the system so It looks like I may be removing the system this winter and putting the car back stock (Audio wise) with the exception of $1000s in Sound dampening, if I remove the system I will have the complete trunk \ sub enclosure (which will fit right in to any Impala \ Caprice with no modification) and several other modifications such as the trunk lid mounted Video screen, the custom front bumper which houses the batteries, the center console with custom switching controls for the system and anything else I can remove.
This is the very system that I won the 2002 IASCA finals with.

Go to my web site and look under the link "Current Install" to see the system and let me know if anyones interested.

Note.. My original system is now in Florida in Carrie Newgents Impala SS and the 2nd install is still setting in storage for the guy that bought it 2 years ago to pick it up.

Here's the link to my web site

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don;t suppose you are willing to sell PARTS of it?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paul,

I will of coarse keep the trunk \ sub enclosure together, but as far as the equipment, yes I will sell it part by part and some of it I may keep.

I have not removed the system yet and won't until I decide that the car is not going to sell complete.

What in particular are you interested in?

Steve

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Steve Cornell:
Paul,

I will of coarse keep the trunk \ sub enclosure together, but as far as the equipment, yes I will sell it part by part and some of it I may keep.

I have not removed the system yet and won't until I decide that the car is not going to sell complete.

What in particular are you interested in?

Steve
I dunno Steve - how about send me a price list off Forum? [email protected] - I might be interested in some of it. Always on the look out for quality, and I know you have it!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like your trunk setup. I am about to put my system together and since you are thinking of selling your trunk setup I would like to buy it. I am not interested in the tv setup cause I don't think I can afford all that right now. I am getting to 12" JL W6's and to JL amps. If you can post a price I will check it out.Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SSmoothCherry,

I'm not sure how my enclosure would work with the JL subs, however the Image Dynamics ID MAX or the DLS Ultimate would work great in this enclosure with the membranes removed which would actually make the setup Infinate Baffel or Free Air, the JL subs could work but I would have to see the TS parameters on these speakers and it would require retuning of the resistive membranes.

Considering what I sold the last 2 trunk setups for I will probably ask around $3500 for the complete trunk and enclosure (less any electronics)

Everything is still in the car and I'm going to give it a bit more time to see if I can sell the car "Complete" but I will let everyone know if (when) it comes apart.

Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is little to far out of my pockets right now. Maybe by the time you decide your going to sell it definitely I will be able to get it. But I think that is the best looking setup i have ever seen in a car trunk. Plus if you need some room for something you got it. Thanks maybe it will work out.I might just build something different and nice myself. Good luck selling the car and let me know if you are definitely selling your setup.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very Very nice trunk setup. How much weight did it add to your ride? I think you should sell a instuction kit. I would buy one LOL.
Supaman's page

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The entire install added 400 - 500 lbs to the car.

My web site has about as close to an instruction manual as I'm gonna put together, look at the "New Install" and "How To" links, the whole installation is documented.

I have someone interested in the car, so I may be taking it apart soon (unless he decides to take it as is)

If someone wants to buy the system complete and want's to make a trip to WV, I would be glad to spend a day teaching some fabrication with fiberglass ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Steve, I'd be interested in the "Aperiodic Membrane" Enclosures you have in the front doors if your putting it back to stock! Let me know and how much $$$ ? If your gonna sell them, I Got 1st Dibs! BTW, Nice work on all your enclosures. You outta put out a training video with that Quality stuff!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve, when you say $3500 for the trunk. you mean MINUS subs, wires, amps, etc. right? Just for the fiberglass / install pieces?

If $3500 was for EVERYTHING in your trunk, that is a HELL OF A DEAL!

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey b-body builder, i emailed him when this post first came out for his kicks and door enclosures. your to late.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hello,hey to everyone who wants a similar set up go to his site. its pretty much step by step how steve explains it.it took me 2 weeks or so to complete my trunk from steves directions.you just have to have some brain about doing fiberglass work oh yea bondo also.it saved me alot of money and i built the set up.it came out super.i just had all the panels covered by my upolstrey guy.oh yea the trunk is still there when you open it up to put something inside.i also used birch plywood(hardwood)instead of particle board.its lighter than particle.good luck on your trunks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steve,

just wondering if there was any chance you'd like to sell your wheels and tires seperately?

Mark

p.s. If you are interested, please email me because I'll probably forget I posted this :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello All,

I have a deal brewing right now on my car, if it works out the buyer will be taking the car with all the aftermarket accessories including the B. Coddington wheels (sorry Mark)
But I will be keeping the audio system and all the custom trunk \ rear deck.

The door membrane enclosures will go with the car if "this" deal gos through (sorry to you as well ophidia31) I will be keeping the kicks though.

Nothing is "written in stone" as of yet and if something changes I'll let everyone know.

Paul, Yes, this is just for all the panels and fabrication in the trunk, sub enclosure and the rear deck (no electronics except the cooling fans and neon) Paul, you've been dealing in this custom fabrication business with your speaker pods and know this trunk is a steal at this price, if someone brought me an Impala and wanted a trunk like this it would be $6000 - $7000

I'll keep everyone posted as things progress but if the current deal happens I'll have everything out in a couple weeks.

Steve

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When you say your "keeping" the kicks, do you mean your not selling them? If you are selling them what's the price? You can email me at:
[email protected]

Thank you
SoKooLss

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not selling them with the car, yes they will be for sale.

Once everything is out and if the deal goes through I'll post what's available.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Steve - I, in fact, credit you as my inspiration (you were on my website for a while - your name anyway!).

ANd I totally agree - yoru price JUST FOR THE ENCLOSURE (even without the electronics) is an excellent deal. I was not sure if you were selling ALL of it. If you were, I would be sending you a cechk NOW!

At any rate, folks this is a good deal for a trunk install set up (an award winning one). If I were not in the business of doing my own, I would snatch this up in a second.

Steve, good luck with the sale. Let me know the actualy equipment leftovers as I am always in the market.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you do end up selling the kicks separately, I'll better any offer you have. Just drop me an email.

Thank you very much
SoKooLss

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update, it looks like my deal will not happen on the sale of the car....

I'm going to give it a few more weeks before I start removing the system and I will post a complete list once that happens.

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts