Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thinking about ordering a set of 6.5 door pods for my Impala. Has anyone tried these door panels? Thanks for the info

·
Registered
663 Posts
yeah i had front pods for 6.5s and liked them. you have to cut the grille in the door panel to add these so once you add them you can't take them off (unless you want an ugly door panel and open screw holes)

i like the rear door panel pods... and the rear deck pods.. **** it i like them

·
Premium Member
586 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,360 Posts
Do you have pix of the driver's side with the door closed? I'm wondering if the hood release is still accessable on a closed door with the speaker pods.

it still does close I have a set of front and rears in a 96

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
it still does close I have a set of front and rears in a 96
These speaker pods with a closed driver's door, you're still able to pull the release and pop the hood?

·
Registered
229 Posts
These speaker pods with a closed driver's door, you're still able to pull the release and pop the hood?

I can't imagine a time where I popped the hood sitting in the car with the drivers door closed, or wasn't eventually going to open the door and get out to go look under the hood?:confused:

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I can't imagine a time where I popped the hood sitting in the car with the drivers door closed, or wasn't eventually going to open the door and get out to go look under the hood?:confused:
Not even from the outside of the car with the driver's window down? I've done that at countless car meets and even wrenching in my driveway.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Not even from the outside of the car with the driver's window down? I've done that at countless car meets and even wrenching in my driveway.

Damnit! You got me, I do that all the time and never even noticed. I retract my previous statement!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I bought the ashtray gauge pod from them and it's a nice product. Have everything mounted on it just have to install it yet. It came with the screws and pre-drilled holes so that helps. Fast shipping and easy to get ahold of as well.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also bought a console gauge pod from them shipped in a decent amount of time and was good quality.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ive been looking at their speaker pods as well as the ashtray gauge conversion. What color code do you use to match the grey Impala interior?

GM Light Grey (9781)
GM Med Grey (9779)
GM Dark Grey (9780)

I was thinking its is either light grey or med grey. Heck, may just go graphite to dare to be different cwm2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts