Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Two years ago I installed 2"Intrax springs and some 20"rims on my '91 Caprice.Now I'm thinking about lowering the car some more.Can anyone tell me if it's possible and safe to cut the Intrax springs?I'll have to go one coil I guess,because half a coil can't be done,can it? Assuming it can be done,eitherway what would be the extra drop with one or with half a coil?Thanx in advance!

Just another Caprice lover.........from Holland!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Your roads must be great,because my car sits really low with intrax. I think you would be in oil pan replacement area any lower. I can't see why you couldn't cut them,but you would drag all day and your 20" could be a problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can cut em just be careful... 1 coil is a LOT

You can do 1/2. Remember, you can cut again if you don't cut enough but you can't go back if you cut too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
however much you decide to cut, rememmber to use a saw and not a torch.

the rears? i dont think they can be cut, with the pigtail on each end.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx guys,

Isn't it necessary for the beginning and the end of the spring(coil) to be opposite of each other?1/4 or 1/2 would be the solution for me but I was affraid the spring would get forced under there,loose its strenght and eventually could break.

Just another Caprice lover......from Holland!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.