Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - working on a stock 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood with the 16188051 ECM running its LT1. I have a USB-to-ALDL cable using the FTDI UARTs that seems to work fine - I can run FreeScan or other monitoring programs and get real data with no crashes.

Problem is I cannot upload, with either Tunercat or carputing's pcmread. Attempting PCM Read with Tunercat using the $EE definition crashes about halfway through the 'establishing communications' progress bar. The fans, actuators, and CEL cycle during the attempt but then it says no response from PCM and gives up. There are no DTCs or driveability problems. I have tried different COM ports and latency settings without any luck.

Any and all insight is very much appreciated. I can't install my new gears until I find a way to correct the ratio. What do you think?

Thanks again,
Jeff

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Other than correcting your speedo, why wait for the gear install?

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
I'm not familiar with either of those two pieces of hardware, but the moates RTemulator that i use has to be switched to a pass through mode for datalogging to function correctly, and switched back when flash/read needs to be accomplished. You might want to look into the hardware settings

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts