Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sh*t, I was driving home last night and my lights flickered, along with a hum I was getting from my speakers. This morning, I was getting a repetitive *click, click, click, click* from the stereo. I changed the channel, and of course, nothing changed. I was still getting the click. So I turned it off, turned it back on and it worked fine however, I noticed I have no bass.

Now, my sub amp is off. I popped the trunk and there was condensation ALL in the trunk, inside the box, everything. I got rear-ended a few months back and had this problem before, took it back to the shop and they had fixed it.... or so I thought.

Any idea what it is? I'm hoping the sub amp is not fried.... but I fear for the worst :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn John this shyt never ends with you man.... :eek: ima get you priest dawg....

Mayne John I wouldnt even know playa.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the amp is fried I would go after the repair shop since they didnt fix the problem...... I dont want to say it dog
so before I do check all your wiring and RCA's. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I called my boy up that did the install and he's checking with his distributor to see if we can get it swapped for free.... I'm going to go home and bust around with the wiring. Its come unwired b4. The road I live off of is absolute s**t so it could have disconnected.... but I'm doubtin' it

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I told you to get Memphis amps! I love my mojo and pair of 300-4's :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by PIMPALA--SS:
yea, its still broken.
Still broken is pretty much right.

Amp is fried. I took it up to the shop, plugged in some fuses, turned on the car and all three fuses lit up.

Here's the deal: I took my car up to the body shop. They said that water is leaking in through the spoiler, quite heavily at that, getting down under the carpet and soaking everything. As soon as the amps kick on, they are just condensating everything.

SO, body shop is going to fix the leak and also put in a new trunk molding (and I must say are doing it really cheap), and my boy swapped out the amp for another amp, a mono block and is going to refabricate a little bit. Unfortunately, the amp is a little shorter so its back to the boards again.

So, I should be up and running this weekend.

Thanks for asking!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by WaTTsLOk187:
I told you to get Memphis amps! I love my mojo and pair of 300-4's :D
He wont listen, I miss my old st-1000d, that was one solid amp.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ive had my St-1000D and ST-3004 since Memphis gave them to me in 2000.

7 years running strong every day, and never once shut off (knock on wood).

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First off Brandon, you've had about 5 stereos and not one of them have made it to your trunk....

Secondly, it wasn't the amp. I took the car to the shop and there was a s**tload of water leaking in the trunk and settling under the sub amp. They should have it fixed by Monday. What a pain in the ass....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well... that sucks homie. Good luck with the rework.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a St-1000d sitting under the bed that fried from a bad ground, but I shut that thing off all the time in the summer when it was hot outside...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts