Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted an Imp SS for a long time so i went ahead and got a high mileaged 1 for about 4500 from a car lot(name withheld). Turns out it was a clone which ticked me off at first but i got over it. My first day drivin the car to and from work it stoped on the interstate. Long story short killswitches BAD wiring and a combination of things made dist. go bad. In the end about 1k finished the job yet my CEL is still on but my mechanic told me my OBD isnt working....Also both cooling fans are on CONSTANTLY...

Who can helpcwm3cwm3cwm3

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Need to scan for codes before you do anything else. No need to start throwing money and parts at it without looking to see if the PCM is telling you something.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
If they advertised it as an SS take it back and demand a full refund...Or call a lawyer...4500 for a high mile caprice is crazy... Good luck with the car whatever you do though...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I exploded like that on those car lot guys at first but I had just sold my cutlass and was expexting to receive my SS/caprice at a certain time.. At the time of pickup the car did not want to start even though I heard it run prior to.....my oldest bro bought a true 96 SS BBB from them in the past and it was fine..there are a ton of details to this story and I realize I let the car lot guys off too easy. It was my 4th car but my 1st car lot purchase. TOTAL LIVE AND LEARN SITUATION.

And yes I received the bad news from autozone already..pep boys said 89 bucks any cheaper suggestions?

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
While we wait for the cable, let me ask you this:

What tipped you off that it was a clone?

What year is it?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A lot of small things like the door stripping had a notched hole where the spotlights used to be. Separate trans cooler. Ultimately I ran the vin on the decoder web site and it says its an interceptor and does not have the WX3 code like true factory SS

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
A lot of small things like the door stripping had a notched hole where the spotlights used to be. Separate trans cooler. Ultimately I ran the vin on the decoder web site and it says its an interceptor and does not have the WX3 code like true factory SS
Yeah, that'll do it! :(

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! I replaced my Coolant temp sensor/switch and the engine light is now off.. After driving the car for a while though the temp gauge comes extremely close to RED and the light comes back on. Both fans are working properly and I am almost sure there isn't any air in my system. I noticed I do not have a heater core and the two hoses that would have been connected to it are instead connected to a T and then to the reservoir. Is this ruining coolant flow.. I WILL TRY TO UPLOAD PIC BUT FORUM IS NOT ACCEPTING LARGE PIC SIZE FROM PHONE.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Right on, the tee belongs there, but it sounds like one of the heater hoses were removed from the tee, and the other heater hose was connected to it.

As far as pics go, get a Photobucket account to host from, and link your pictures into the forum. MUCH easier!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Darn Clone

Yo Mr 9c1LTZ...

I feel your pain about finding out your car is a clone..
I thought I knew what I was doing.....and got fooled...

However...
Take a closer look....I am obviously not an expert at this Impala-Caprice game but I am thinking that the Police/Taxi 9C1 Caprice is possibly a more-better car....??.....depending on the year....etc....
Bigger balljoints, all body bushings, heavier wiring harness....

·
Registered
661 Posts
I am obviously not an expert at this Impala-Caprice game but I am thinking that the Police/Taxi 9C1 Caprice is possibly a more-better car....??.....depending on the year....etc....
Bigger balljoints, all body bushings, heavier wiring harness....
Watch who's around when you say stuff like that. those are fightin words around here lol
;)

9c1's have many things Impala's dont, and vice versa

9c1LTZ, I believe you the right to sue, Not only did they trick you into buying an "SS" they sold you a lemon...:mad:.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.