Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i replace my centerlink gearbox tie rods powersteering pump get it all back together an now the powersteering pump is whining when move the reservoir around it quiets down what the hell does that mean some one please help

·
Registered
341 Posts
How did you bleed the system after you put in a new pump? Is there enough fluid? Are any of the hoses kinked? To me, it sounds like you just have a little air still trapped in the system.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i filled the reservoir wit ps fluid and turned the wheels left to right 20000 times and then turned it on i kepted an eye on the ps fluid an made sure it stayed full
i even turned the wheels from left to right 20000 times wit my car on that aint help either

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
Having just replaced a "new" PS pump that was bad basically out of the box I would say its the pump.....but your note that it is fine when you lift the resevoir could be the feed or return hose is kinking (when resovoir is in normal position) causing the pump to whine from reduction in fluid flow.

are you using the original or Gates fill hose between resevoir & pump?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually it was a hose that was the same size jus had to cut it they didn't have the hose that I needed the one we replaced we had to cut off it would not come off
Do you know where to find the specific hoes need cuz auto parts place seem to not be able to find anything

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ight guys so I cut the hoses an she ran better but what I have found now is that she is whining when I'm go parking lot speeds but sounds fine when goin faster
Does anyone know anything about that or is it normal

·
Registered
8,977 Posts
if your not using the Gates pre-formed hose, your straight hose may still be kinking some AND/OR your pump is bad.

I just replaced a PS pump and "replacement" pump was bad in that it was hard to turn at low or no speed but OK when RPM's were up. Parts store swaped for another "new" (rebuilt) and so far it is OK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.