Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

If its just a check engine light, all u have to do is take ring around cluster off and unbolt screws that hold cluster in and theres a string that is on column that changes with the prnd21 n u have 2 take that off put column all the way down and finess it out and then just unscrew the bulb

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If its just a check engine light, all u have to do is take ring around cluster off and unbolt screws that hold cluster in and theres a string that is on column that changes with the prnd21 n u have 2 take that off put column all the way down and finess it out and then just unscrew the bulb
Thanks.

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
What year is your car? If it is a 91-93 you have to remove the entire dash face, then the cluster. One screw above the brake release, one at the bottom of the glove box door, and 4-5 across the top of the face under the dash pad. I believe the trim over the glove box may have to come off as well. The glovebox trim just pulls off. Put the wheel in the full down position, and remove the tilt lever. Put the shift lever in the 1st gear position. Then pull the face out from under the pad, and remove. Remove the clip on the steering column which moves the gear selection indicator. You can now remove the cluster. The bulbs are accessable from the back. When you remove the bulb, you can look through the hole at a light, and see which bulb you are swapping. You should check all of the bulbs while you have it out. It might even be a good idea to replace all of them, because if one went out, others may be soon to follow.

I looked a little closer at your pic, and I see it is a 94. If it is a 94 the above instructions are correct. You still have to remove the clip on the steering column for the gear selection indicator.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts