Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have four 1/8" holes in my dash from police equipment. Anyone found way of filling these?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since your local we can install a good used dash for you for $200 if you need a blue one. Any other colors we do NOT have. :D

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dr Vinyl sounds like the ticket.

$200! I don't need a whole dash, and mine is gray anyway. This is a driveway fix. Thanks.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, but these holes are on the dash front from a radio install. Probably mic clip mounting holes.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why are you selling the dashboard so high.I need a blue dash for my 93 caprice,but $200 is to much.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hello,
i filled mine. i had three, same size, 1/8"
it was not easy. i have hours and hours into that project. now that it is done and i have the procedure perfected you would never know that they were there. even if i told you where they were. it would be kinda hard to explain, its almost like an art...but if you are interested let me know. email me at [email protected]

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Simple!

JB Water Weld

Fill holes, sand and smooth the match surrounding area!

Paint with Choice of paint. Plasti-kote (my choice) or SEM (most people's choice)

Done deal, looks like new, lasts forever!

L8

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Member # 2925
posted 06-03-2002 08:45 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many experienced members probably already know this, but I never read a post on it so I will share a revelation that I am very proud of. Like many 9C1's my lower dash had a few holes in it. I picked up some JB Waterweld at Myers, and plugged the holes. It's a putty, that when you mix it hardens in minutes. It works great. After it hardens, a little sanding and some SEM, you can't tell there were ever holes. It's amazing. I have to search for where the holes are now.

Definately the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts