Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know someone here use to make these kits for the 2 din stereos which made it nearly impossible to steal the radio. Anyone have a lead or a clue? All help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

You are right, that's the guy. I need to get this before I buy my DVD/GPS unit on ebay. I am kinda new on this, so any opinion on the standard Vs. the 2 Dins? Any advantage/distadvantages?

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
To be honest if someone wants to steal your double din they will. That being said thedetailss has a great double din kit, well worth the money.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
To be honest if someone wants to steal your double din they will. That being said thedetailss has a great double din kit, well worth the money.
Yeah true, but what does that have to do with anything? If they wanted to steal my setup or a setup with a Detail kit they would have to tear the dash to pieces to get it out. ;)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ok, I know someone here use to make these kits for the 2 din stereos which made it nearly impossible to steal the radio. Anyone have a lead or a clue? All help will be appreciated.
That's what it has to do with. And trust me it has happened to me with my Viper Alarm going off on one of the busiest streets in San Francisco. You really think they will care about your dash??:confused: They will rip it apart with out even thinking twice.
Back to the original question. Advantages for double din: in my opinion a Double din looks better than a flip out, and the viewing position is also better if you go with the double din kit. If you go with a single din when the screen flips open it covers the HVAC controls, thedetailss also has a kit to relocate the HVAC to the bottom for a single din unit to fix this problem. Disadvantage of the double din is that if you want to go back to stock the HVAC controls will only be held with one screw, but I hear once you put the lower dash back in place it will look fine.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Yeah good point, sorry I didn't see that portion of his post or I read it late at night/early in the morning. You are right they will rip the dash apart to get it, but with the kit it will make it a little more difficult were as they have to take longer and be more careful to not destroy it getting it out, you know.
The post that I listed has a pretty good discussion on the likes/dislikes, I like double dins personally, hate flip outs, but that is just me. ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts