Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to walmart and bought the schoshs w/e its called and did not really work. as well as the connector. has any body bought one from walmart and work. wat other retail shops sell kits for our cars

94 chevy caprice

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Best Buy. Go around to the installation shop though not inside the store. I got a Metra kit there that worked.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone know wehre to get the factory connectors? so i dont have to cut all my wires

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Say, what part of houston you live in, just go to a local flea market they sell metra kits there and harnesses, you could probablyt get both for 20 bucks or less easy.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im kind of skeptical with fleamarkets now, i havnt had success

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
goto kings on mlk....thunder sound in there...i do all my business with them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well instead of that, i went five min. from my house to an audio store and got the metra kit,attenna adaptor and connectors for $20

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry didn't reply sooner. Yep Best Buy actually knew exactly what I needed as far as connectors. They guys in the install shop were pretty helpful. I just don't trust them to do my installs.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im an installer at CIRCUIT CITY and metra is one of the best kits to buy but if u need a kit for a 94 and up b-body u will need>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1. dashkit 99-3300 or 99-4000
2. wire harness 80-1858
3. antenna adapter 40gm10
(METRA #s)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have 99-4544. it comes with 4 kinds of face plates

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
pep boys had kits that work.dont remember the name.also they have door speaker templates to go to 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 with only drilling one hole.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Circuit City has the harnesses that go from GM to universal. Then from universal to whatever brand radio you are using, so it all just clips in together, with no cutting needed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts