Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Take it off and wrap it. or take it off, take it to a shop and have them do it. The only difficult part is creating a neat finish on those outer edges at the doors. I've still got vinyl hanging under mine...

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Buy a sheet of vinyl of the appropriate color and some adhesive and some needle and thread. Pull the vents and airbag cover. Wrap the bag cover, wrap the dash. Trim and stitch those overhangs next to the doors(or fold and glue and then you'll need to be better than I was). Cut the openings and put the vent pieces back in...carefully. Spend the rest of your day trying to fit the airbag cover back in place.

·
Registered
495 Posts
or buy a dashmat. rockauto has alot to choose from. I bought one from them.

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Boy the cracking sure comes on with a vengeance once it starts. cwm4 From pristine 2 years ago, to just one crack then, and now 4! Will be wrapping myself (someday) but just a question. Better to tear off whatever cover and pad is there, or, just spackle the cracks with plastiweld and do an overlay as I've seen pictured before?

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
Dashmats for these look like crap. At least the one's I've seen.

I didn't fill the two cracks on mine at all. Once covered they've never (yet) been seen again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts