Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to make the dash panel near the vent where it says roadmaster on passenger side fit better as you can see it is nut flush.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to make the dash panel near the vent where it says roadmaster on passenger side fit better as you can see it is nut flush.
Not a Roady guy myself but it almost looks like there is just a "push Pin" that is not seated all the way in. I would assume that one of the Push pin clips is not engaged for some reason.

This similar panel on the 94-96 Impala/Caprice just has a Couple of push pins that clip into the Dash assembly. May want to pull it off and verify that 1 of those pins did not get bent over and is preventing it from going into the slot.

·
Registered
377 Posts
From what I remember, there are metal clips
(like this one
)
that attach to plastic tabs on the dash panel and clip
in to the dash.

Scenario 1: The clip worked it's way off of the tab and closed itself in the dash. You would need to carefully work the panel out of the dash and pull the clip out with pliers (carefully). Reattach to the tab and re-seat the panel in the dash.

Scenario 2: The tab broke off of the panel and you will need to find a creative way to secure it back to the panel.

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
Scenario 3:

The metal tab is still attached to the dash, but not inserted into the slot. In this case it would be bent, in between the dash and the support, preventing a proper "seat".

I would back the dash out carefully and check the alignment between the tab and the slot.

Trying to push it in if improperly aligned will break the tab.

I'm trying to think of an analogy, but I think you know what I'm saying. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts