Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can Someone Please Give Me Detailed Instructions On How To Remove The Upper And Lower Dash On A 96 Impala. This Is My First Time Attempting This And Done Want To Mess Anything Up. Any And Everything Will Be Gladly Appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,150 Posts
yes that link is pretty helpful but doesnt tell you that you need to remove the corner part of the lower dash by passenger vent.but when you open the glove box it just comes off with a good yank.then there are several bolts above the glove box and i think on the side.but once you get the lower dash off and that corner piece the rest is easy.just look for all the bolt heads.don't try to pull off the dash till your sure you got them all.you don't want to break any.the ones on ether side of the cluster are famous for snapping off.but once you get them all off just gently slide the dash back to you.also if its a impala or buick make sure you remove the twilight sensor in the grill at the top of the dash.you can usually just lay it to the side or twist it loose.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its very easy I did it first time few weeks back, just remove glove box and remove all the Phillips head screws and its pulls straight out (top dash you gotta wiggle/force out in my opinion)

·
Banned
407 Posts
Its very easy I did it first time few weeks back, just remove glove box and remove all the Phillips head screws and its pulls straight out (top dash you gotta wiggle/force out in my opinion)
Somebody must replaced the dash because stock Impalas and other b bodies use 7mm bolts on the interior. Most bolts in the interior are 7mm. It slide out with a little tug towards you. Once you get the bolts off the top dash, its held in by two clips. Or whatever u call it. Just tug it at the passenger side, then go to the driver side and tug it till it comes forward. Make sure u get your lower dash out of the car so you wont make a mistake and crack it trying to get the upper dash. Once you do it, you will see how simple it is

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
The A pillars sometimes block the removal of the dash pad. You should consider removing them prior to pulling on the dash.

Do not pull up on the front of dash pad until you have pulled it straight out about 1 inch. There are small tabs that locate it, and they will break off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts