Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any programs like datamaster that will work for my 92 caprice wagon? What is my best bet for watching sensor values in real time? Thanks -Josh

-I already use datamaster for my impala but TTS doesnt have 92 caprice

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I noticed that WINALDL supports 89-90 B-bodys, will that work? -Josh

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
tunerpro 5 is free.
You should donate and get rid of the annoying startup reminder. Will use the same cabke you use for the 94-94 lt cars. You will need a datastream definition. Its available on moates download site.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i downloaded tunerproRT but i dont understand what you mean by "datastream definition". Please explain what i have to do? Thanks -Josh

·
Registered
540 Posts
Definition file is sort of a translation layer between the tunerpro program and the ECM, the program needs it to make sense of the datastream.

Your should have the 16136965 ecm, you need the $62 definition file from http://www.tunerpro.net/downloadBinDefs.htm

·
Registered
116 Posts
Your 92 is a TBI (OBD1) car and you can see what is going on with winaldi and tunerpro, but you will need a chip burner to do any tuning, Either that or go to dynamicEFI.com and check out there EBL flash ecm that was designed for our earlier cars to be able to flash a tune like on the obd2 systems. Great system just installed on my 91 OCC and still learning about it, but can already see performance improvements! Also great support from Bob and LOTS of info on the thirdgen.com board for the TBI cars and this EBL system. Worth looking into if you plan on modifying your TBI car. Will pay for itself, Mail order chips are garbage and it will take a lot of them to get your car running right. Steve

7,191 Posts
Your 92 is a TBI (OBD1) car and you can see what is going on with winaldi and tunerpro, but you will need a chip burner to do any tuning, Either that or go to dynamicEFI.com and check out there EBL flash ecm that was designed for our earlier cars to be able to flash a tune like on the obd2 systems. Great system just installed on my 91 OCC and still learning about it, but can already see performance improvements! Also great support from Bob and LOTS of info on the thirdgen.com board for the TBI cars and this EBL system. Worth looking into if you plan on modifying your TBI car. Will pay for itself, Mail order chips are garbage and it will take a lot of them to get your car running right. Steve
Good info, for us TBI guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts