Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where the 3 wires that plug in for the stock headlight plug go on the HI/Lo kit? There is a white -blue- and tan wire. I know one is the high beam , one is the low beam and one is ground.
I like these DDM kits but they have no instructions and aren't open on Saturday and I haven't been able to find it online.

Thanks !

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The problem is the wiring from DDM is white/blue and tan. They give you a plug end and you have to figure out where they go. I can't figure out what those colors go to from their Hi/Low relay. It's sealed and won't show continunity until power is applied.
From the hi/lo relay I am hoping to find out of the white blue and tan , which goes to ground, Low and High. Then I can wire the plug correctly without trial and error

·
Super Moderator
6,000 Posts
From what I have read, the plugs come wired for the 9007 configuration, and you need to swap wires around to the 9004.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I have read, the plugs come wired for the 9007 configuration, and you need to swap wires around to the 9004.
That is the way it use to be and was easy to switch. Now they come with 3 wires not connected "Not Prewired" and they give you an empty plug. The color code is different than factory and they give you no wiring diagram and their web site that use to have a PFD of the wiring is now gone.

·
Registered
399 Posts
That is the way it use to be and was easy to switch. Now they come with 3 wires not connected "Not Prewired" and they give you an empty plug. The color code is different than factory and they give you no wiring diagram and their web site that use to have a PFD of the wiring is now gone.

I didn't get my Hi/Lo kit from DDM but, they may be from the same manufacturer since my kit also has the Blue, White, Tan setup. Here's how I had to re-pin the HID connector to get the kit to work correctly:

Car ---- Hi/Lo connector

Green---- Blue
Tan ----White
Black ----
Tan

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm not saying that picture is wrong at all but both the caprice and my 86' camry use a 9004 bulb and for what ever reason they ate wired different. I think the high and low beams are switched.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I posted a picture of the Hi/Lo relay wired correctly in the exterior section as that is where i found most post for HID's
Sorry, didn't mean to post this in two sections.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts