Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a couple searches, looks to be a pretty dead topic... I wonder if anyone has any info/suggestions on installing a dead pedal in a 96 b-body?

From the searches I've done, it looks like a couple users who are no longer active had installed (there was even a member making them), but most of the images are not archived. I'd be curious if any current users have any pictures of installed units, and (even better) details on the install?

Pics from archive:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
:You could just rest your foot on the clutch.
...not a good idea...it wears the clutch/TO bearing

but yeah some "rest" pedal for the L foot could be rigged. Google "dead pedal" and there are sources to buy various styles. I suspect some trimming/drilling, etc is required

For us 3 pedal guys there really is not much room between clutch pedal and emergency brake pedal for one...

·
Registered
388 Posts
This place is the BEST

If you want high quality, made in the USA pedals, look no further than;

SRP CHEVROLET IMPALA PEDALS

This is the pricing for a complete set, in the standard config, but you can custom order pretty much anything you want.

I have a set in my Boss 302, that has a smooth gas and dead pedal, but anodized black grid on my brake and clutch.

They will make whatever you want, however you want, and warranty it forever. I heard of these guys on Mustang forums and you will find nothing but great reviews. It might take a while to get what you want, but totally worth it.

Mine are just like the ones shown on BossJockey post, but my dead pedal and gas are smooth whereas his are all grid;

Sullivan Aluminium Pedals

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dead Pedal for my Roadmonster Wagon.
I was in the bone-yard and saw a mid-90's Cadillac STS.
Beautiful black dead pedal. (SLS's didn't have it BTW)
It is in 3 pieces.
Cover snaps off.
Exposes two 7mm hex heads to remove bottom piece.
Then there is a bracket that can be removed.
$4.00 was reasonable I thought.
I had to bend the bracket a bit then trim the back of the bottom piece (at the top).
Fit was perfect. CHEERS!

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts