Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After listening to the few decks at the 2 audio places up here in 4x4 country (MT), I selected the Pioneer DEH-P77dh, and a set of Boston Accoustics 6x9's for the rear deck. The combination sounds great, looks good but now the factory fronts are clipping at my two favorite EQ settings...duh should have figured ......I've read several posts on speaker size "spacer" upgrades for the fronts, anyone care to chime in on this and enlighten a fellow member.

thanks

swdobbs...................

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
have you listened to/ considered the boston components for the front doors? i too have the 6 x 9s and will soon upgrade with the components. sound is great and decent bass response. btw..otherwise do you like your 77? i was thinking of changing to either it or the 47. rock on, rus

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SSpot, I didn't see a 4x6 set available from Boston Acoustic but then again I am up here in the middele of nowhere Montana.

I'm still tweeking the custom EQ settings in the 77 but I really like it so far. I've not owned a Pioneer before and always thought they were overrated but this unit comes close to the higher end stuff I've had before. When I upgrade the doors and maybe add one small sub with the 77's built in crossover, it will be more than I need.

swdobbs..........

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info on the pioneer. the bostons i was looking at were the seperate components 1" tweeter and 6 1/2 mid bass. however if you dont want to cut the panels you can fit the 5 1/4 or 6 1/2two ways in with little modification in the stock location. i'm probably going to go with the infinity powered sub box when i get to that point to save on space. rock on, rus

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out the CTX 5 1/4 separates. Scott Williams installed a set in my front doors and they sound great. Scott would have more info on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts