Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experiences with the DEL-A-LUM bushings? I am considering these for my 9C1, but I am concerned about the durability for our vehicles. I have not held these particular bushings in my hands, but the "plastic inserts", (that I read about) have me wondering.

I am hoping that anyone that has used these will express their opinion. I am also wondering if anyone has found spherical aircraft bearings for the Caprice/Impala, like the ones available for the Camaro at Global West.

Thanks,

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have run GW's Lower A-Arm bushings on 3 different Street cars and both upper nd lower on a few race cars both dirt and asphalt. You will not find a better bushing! You will not wear them out or break them if you grease them when you grease the rest of the suspension.

Only downside is price and requirement to have press to install them. You use to have to weld up the arms but you are now not required to. They do increase road noise a bit.

As far as the spherical bearings GW makes rear lower control arm for the Impala SS.
They will (or did) make "cheater" rears using stock arms and installing their rear bushing and front bearing. I don't think I would recommend it on an Impala if you were using anything other than a stock rear swaybar.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had my lower Del-a-lums only about 3 weeks, and so far... no complaints at all. I have the lower control arm set, and the lower trailing arms from GW w/ the Del-a-lums in the rear.

Good SSchtuff!! :D

Bob P.
aka Sir No ConeSS

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you...that is the kind of feedback I was looking for. They do look very sweet on the Global West site and right now I am really trying to focus on my suspension upgrades.

I think I may have my control arms powder-coated when I do this install, or I may wait for Global West to release tubular arms for our cars. When I last spoke with one of their reps., he stated that they should be available this summer. Maybe they will be worth waiting for since they will come with DEL-A_LUM installed.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talk to Navy Lifer (Bill Harper, [email protected] ) as he sells powdercoated arms with the bushings already installed, along with new balljoints.

The Del-a-lums are great, and I can highly recommend them. They'll really transform your car as far as transient response to steering inputs. I have 30K miles now on the front lowers (less on the front uppers and rear lowers) and no issues at all.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you spoke to the rep, did he give you any idea how much the tubular arms would run and what all would come with them? Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts