Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any good sites out there for the DIY minded person to attempt to repair their delco CD player? googled and found a bunch of places wanting $200-$285 to repair - NFW. picked one up for $2 at a garage sale and it doesn't suck the CD in, so i pushed it in all the way with a pen and it went to CD play mode but didn't play and won't eject. popped the disc out no problem with a pick. no error messages, dunno what year it is. has a sticker on it "inspected OK 3/96" and appears from an oldsmobile and has "delco-lok II" on the front.

if i can fix it without going aftermarket that would be nice, keeping a stock stereo for a change would let me have some $ to spend elsewhere, like a rear swaybar.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
They are farily modular in construction on the inside. See if you can find another and mix and match the parts. The drive is a seperate piece on the inside with (IIRC) a single ribbon connector.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, maybe i can find one or three at the junkyard with scratched up faces, missing buttons, or otherwise cheap but good for parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts