Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I have a 1994 caprice wagon that I thought i'd uprgrade the radio in, it works, but loses its memory. bought 2 delco radios from 2 different people out of 1996's, investment was minimal, both have theftlok. i know about codes, but when i plug them in they don't power up, supposed to light up and show "loc", neither powers up, put the old radio back in and it comes on. the 1994 plug fits in the 1996 radios, am i missing something? like i said, radios came from 2 different cars/owners. not out much if both are a loss, but wondering why neither will work.
any help would be appreciated. thanks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When it says "LOC" that means the theftlock has been activated. I can't remember where I read it, but there's a guy who can unlock them for you (maybe someone else will chime in
). Otherwise, you'll have to take it to the dealer.

As for losing the memory, maybe there's a were loose in the harness. There should be an "always on" wire. If that's disconnected, that would explain it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help

Good Luck!

-Dan

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check if you have both fuses for the radio there.
I had only one and it would only show the time on the clock, nothing else
and that would flicker on and off.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey guys thanks, after reading your replys i got looking at the fuse panel closer, had already checked the fuses as ok, but what finally did it was putting a fuse in the BOSE location, there wasn't one in for the 1994 radio, and it worked. apparently if you put a 1996 delco with theftlok in a 1994, you need the BOSE fuse installed. one of those things you just try and it works, wish more stuff did that, lol. clock lit up and radio came on, theftlok wasn't engaged so it played immediately, as the philosopher homer simpson would say, woo-hoo! again, thanks for the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts