Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Exactly what I need, Karl!! As soon as I get all the machine work done, I'll be placing an order. Thanks in advance!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Karl, how much extra would it cost to get new cam bearings, freeze, and block plugs? I remember you stating the LT1 motor uses slighty different ones then standard gen 1 motors.

I'll probably order a kit come spring.

Thanks
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Id definitely have the machine shop install the cam bearings and block plugs for me but would rather get the correct ones to start. How much extra would the cam bearings and block plugs be?

Thanks
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Karl's kit is great!
Excellent quality bearings, and the oil pan gasket seals perfectly for zero leaks.
Definitely beats the Autozone junk!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome Karl! I wont be ordering for awhile but when I do, I'll be getting it from you. I was actually gonna PM you and ask about the Mahle piston rings, now it just makes it easier.

Thanks
Nick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Karl,
Why dont you just add the percentage the the CC charges to the order? I am sure no one would really mind that much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Really good too see someone stepping up and offering all this like this.
Some shops get too hungup on a certain product line and such and as a result fail to deliver a truely good total package you have certainly avoided that pitfall.

How many of us have passed on a "kit" because just a few items in it were wrong?? Most I would guess. Karl has the answer too those problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Karl, is there a particular reason why the oversized sprocket is better? I only ask because I have a 5k mile Cloyes chain with matching crank and cam sprockets. Is there any particular reason to go with an oversized sprocket and new chain? I'm assuming the upper sprocket doesnt need to be replaced?

Thanks
Nick

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.