Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about doing it ? Do you think it would look good? I am trying to see what body mods we can do to these cars but there isn't much.. Any one want to try a photoshop?

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
um ada seriously bro?

i know you seen them ugly caprices that have them deleted *i think its like a rag top or soft top* anywayz **** ugly

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I don't think I would delete them on an impala. Maybe on a caprice though. The Roady's and fleetwoods don't have quarter windows and I happen to be rather partial to how they look. You need something there though, like the opera lights on the roady or it looks kind of strange. I think it would be easier to just keep them though and spend that time/money on other things like LSx swaps :)

Edit: for what it would look like, just look at a BBB with heavily tinted windows. It is close enough to what it would look like with that window replaced with a body coloured panel...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just from looking at your sig sshow12, you can sort of get a idea of the look, i think it might look ok if done right.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
unlike the roadmaster thats square and doesnt have the quarter window. the impala/ caprice has curves and is rounded. that quarter window makes a big visual difference. all mods arnt good! deleating the the quarter glass would be a horrible thing to do mush less a horrible idea. DONT DO IT.

·
Registered
346 Posts
if u do it id say do it flat, it would hideous with that bulge since it has 4 doors, i dont think it would look bad

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Besides, where would you put all your cool hot rod stickers?

·
Registered
140 Posts
A friend of mine Frank Varela done this to his 91 Caprice about 8 years ago. I welded a piece of metal in there and finished smooth with bondo.
It did not look too bad, it was different.
Frank is into square cars, like '80 caddy and Lincoln Mark 5.
if someone digs luxury cars it's not so bad.
i didn't care for it, since i like slick sporty look.

So, 1/4 delete,skirts,wire wheels and Rolls Royce grill for some and 95-96 1/4, open rear wheel and no chrome for others.

Just my opinion,
george
ImpalaSStudio

Please see all of my Impala SS custom items here:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/ImpalaSStudio__W0QQ_armrsZ1

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I think its been done a time or two. It looks kinda weird as in the photoshops above. It reminds me of guys with mini trucks that fill the rear side windows. Shaving stuff off is cool but that one I wouldn't do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.