Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Premium Member
6,395 Posts
It is. I got one through Detroit Speed. Navy Lifer got one through Tom Lee (I believe). We are both happy with it. It bolts right in.

· Registered
114 Posts
I also had the detroit speed box installed. It's an improvement over stock, but there's still some looseness I'd like to eliminate. For the guys who've done this already, was there anything else you did besides swapping steering boxes?

· Premium Member
6,395 Posts
No, and I have no play either. But my front end was pretty low mileage at that point.

· Premium Member
6,395 Posts
It is more than stock, but I wouldn't call it excessive. I would look into options to have it set at something more moderate if possible (i.e., closer to the stock Impala steering effort) but I wouldn't not use this box if I couldn't do that.

EDIT: Good question, by the way, and nice catch. I was answering in a hurry and hadn't really thought about that at the time.

· Premium Member
6,395 Posts
Depends on the wife. No, I don't think so. It's a noticable difference, but not hazardous, in my view.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.