Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, just upgraded my XM to the Delphi SkyFi unit. I was wondering if anybody else has this, and some ideas on where to mount the thing. It mounts from the back-side instead of the bottom like my old unit. There is just not enough room on the front side of the dash. Anybody have any creative ideas? :D

Thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man, I wish I had got the skyfi, only for the portability. I would be listening in my home constantly. Do a search on xm in this forum, Ed has a pic of it mounted on his console. If you go to xmfan.com, I believe they have a custom mount for it also. I have no idea where they mount it though. They many for different cars.
I have the pioneer h/u, and integrated to that w/ a direct unit.

Peter

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on the center console, behind the T56 shift knob. It is CLOSE to the knob though in 2-4-6 gears, so close that you'll actually bump the SkyFi if you speed shift.

I've looked for a better place/way to mount it, but haven't found it yet.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah : I just UNinstalled the FM Modulator for the SkyFi (went to aux input on the new head unit). If anyone needs the modulator, I'll sell it for $30 shipped (new is $50 plus shipping). Let me know, keep in mind I probably won't see e-mail until Sunday though (headed out the door in a few minutes to drive to Las Vegas for SEMA).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts