Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
I dont know, but i use Delco from rockauto with a discount code..
ACDELCO Part # AFS75 {#19178930, 213509, 25171579, 25312184} SENSOR,HTD OXY(POSN 1) IN EXH MANIFOLD/CROSSOVER
$64.79

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'm using them too. No Problems.

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Me too. Been using them for years through Summit.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Found NP2344012 sensors for 38 a piece are the denso sensors any good?
Anybody know if these are good to put in all four locations on a 96? I only plan to replace the two before the cats, but wasn't sure if thse would work for that position.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Check it out on rockauto.com, Jessman. I'm pretty sure all 4 are the same but that will tell you for sure.

I thought I heard Denso is the Toyota version of AC Delco...

·
Registered
826 Posts
Yeah, I was actually looking at them on a few different sites and they all seem to list that part number as a replacement for all four positions. Whats woerd is there are also other part numbers from Denso that seem to be direct fir for our cars as well. Very odd.

I did come accross the part number originally posted above for less than 32 bucks each with free shipping. I will be ordering these shortly after the holidays.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ive always heard that Denso 02's are tough enough to survive leaded gas longer than other brands. (im not planning on running leaded gas, but it shows that they don't foul very easily). Since the last Delco 02 i bought new was not the original type i got a few years ago, i may try a Denso if it craps out. (I swear the ac 02's used to come in a bag, not a box, and the new sensor is alot thinner and made different compared to the old school ac delcos)

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'll jump in with my 2 cents...

Delphi is Delco. Denso isn't last I checked
Denso isn't Delphi or Delco, but they sometimes sell repackaged Delco and Delphi stuff in Denso boxes. Delco/Delphi does the same thing. So does Motorcraft. So do major chains like NAPA. It doesn't make sense for Denso to engineer an oxygen sensor for a 14-15 year old car when the OEM supplier already makes a perfectly suitable one. They just purchase them directly from Delco/Delphi and resell them in a Denso box. If you buy an O2 sensor for a late-model Japanese car from Napa, you'll see that it is likely a Denso or NTK sensor in a Napa/Echlin box. Sometimes it's still in the Denso box, and I've bought Toyota parts from Napa that were marked Echlin but came in a Toyota parts box. You can buy a Delco/Delphi injector for your Ford, too. It'll come in a Delco/Delphi box, most likely, and it'll be made by Denso, Bosch, or whoever. The brand name on the PART is the only one that matters.

I thought I heard Denso is the Toyota version of AC Delco...
No. Denso is Nippondenso, a Japanese brand. Delco is gone. It is now Delphi, a corporate merging of the old Delco and Philips. For all intents and purposes, when talking about many engine management components, Delco, Delphi, AC, and Rochester are usually the same. In fact, Delphi injectors still (as of a couple of months ago, at least) have the old Rochester logo on them.

Ive always heard that Denso 02's are tough enough to survive leaded gas longer than other brands.
Not exactly. It's not a brand specific thing. Some specific part numbers of O2 sensors have more shielding around the zirconia and resist lead fouling slightly longer. This is true, for example, about the NGK wide-band oxygen sensor as compared to the Bosch LSU series wide-band sensor. Keep in mind that the increase is not huge. Motec quotes a life of 500 hours for an O2 sensor on unleaded gas vs. 50 for the same sensor on leaded gas. The lead-resistant sensor may extend that to 75 or 100 hours, but lead WILL kill it eventually. Unless you're running leaded fuel, don't worry. Actually, even if you're running leaded fuel, don't worry. Just get in the habit of replacing oxygen sensors, or program them out entirely in the PCM. They're just not that tolerant of leaded fuel, and they weren't designed to be.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
When i went to the dealer to get my two o2 sensors each local dealer only had one....Both were the same part number but different style of ac delco. One came in a bag, the other a box

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I'll jump in with my 2 cents...

Denso isn't Delphi or Delco, but they sometimes sell repackaged Delco and Delphi stuff in Denso boxes. Delco/Delphi does the same thing. So does Motorcraft. So do major chains like NAPA. It doesn't make sense for Denso to engineer an oxygen sensor for a 14-15 year old car when the OEM supplier already makes a perfectly suitable one. They just purchase them directly from Delco/Delphi and resell them in a Denso box. If you buy an O2 sensor for a late-model Japanese car from Napa, you'll see that it is likely a Denso or NTK sensor in a Napa/Echlin box. Sometimes it's still in the Denso box, and I've bought Toyota parts from Napa that were marked Echlin but came in a Toyota parts box. You can buy a Delco/Delphi injector for your Ford, too. It'll come in a Delco/Delphi box, most likely, and it'll be made by Denso, Bosch, or whoever. The brand name on the PART is the only one that matters.

No. Denso is Nippondenso, a Japanese brand. Delco is gone. It is now Delphi, a corporate merging of the old Delco and Philips. For all intents and purposes, when talking about many engine management components, Delco, Delphi, AC, and Rochester are usually the same. In fact, Delphi injectors still (as of a couple of months ago, at least) have the old Rochester logo on them.

Not exactly. It's not a brand specific thing. Some specific part numbers of O2 sensors have more shielding around the zirconia and resist lead fouling slightly longer. This is true, for example, about the NGK wide-band oxygen sensor as compared to the Bosch LSU series wide-band sensor. Keep in mind that the increase is not huge. Motec quotes a life of 500 hours for an O2 sensor on unleaded gas vs. 50 for the same sensor on leaded gas. The lead-resistant sensor may extend that to 75 or 100 hours, but lead WILL kill it eventually. Unless you're running leaded fuel, don't worry. Actually, even if you're running leaded fuel, don't worry. Just get in the habit of replacing oxygen sensors, or program them out entirely in the PCM. They're just not that tolerant of leaded fuel, and they weren't designed to be.
I was just pointing out that Denso isn't owned by GM/Delco/Delphi. People in the past few days seem to be thinking of that, and have been throwing out Denso, when in fact they should be refering to Delphi.. I'm not getting into rebranding this and that.

·
Registered
694 Posts
So whats the verdict? All systems go on Denso? Where is the best (cheapest) place to buy?

Glad I saw this, I get paid tomorrow and was going to spend $160+ on two AC Delco O2 sensors....

Thanks for posting all this good info,
ZACH

·
Registered
199 Posts
I was just pointing out that Denso isn't owned by GM/Delco/Delphi. People in the past few days seem to be thinking of that, and have been throwing out Denso, when in fact they should be refering to Delphi.. I'm not getting into rebranding this and that.
I understand. I kinda have a hair trigger on some of this stuff because it's a discussion I've had to have about a million times with people (not on this forum), especially about fuel injectors.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Anybody know if these are good to put in all four locations on a 96? I only plan to replace the two before the cats, but wasn't sure if thse would work for that position.
If your rear oxygen sensors on a 96 are not throwing any codes (the check engine light isn't on because of them, and the car passes the proper readiness tests for the catalyst) there is no need to replace them, they do not affect how the car runs, only the sensors before the cats affect how it runs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts