Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was doing some work on a 94 caprice a few nights ago that some one poorly did a z28 gauge swap when i was removing the dash bezel an i forgot the car was in drive so i tried to start it up...
usually this wouldnt b a problem cuz the car ISNT SUPPOSE TO START!!!!! but this car has had the steering colum swapped also so im guessing the NSW wasnt even flippin attached so the car started IN DRIVE!!! an rolled forward and hit my beautiful BBB!!!!! to say i was mad would b the least!!!!
the yellow bastard in the middle

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I hope there wasn't much damage.

I once saw a guy do that on a Harley. The motorcycle was parked on the sidewalk next to the front door of a supermarket. He came out of the store, pressed the starter, and the bike jumped forward through the plate glass window. He figured that kids had been on his bike while he was inside, and had kicked the shifter out of neutral. He was pretty pissed.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea shes good after thorough inspection. but after it happened i felt really sick literally(like i was going to throw up). i love my car an i was about to kick the shiz outta the other car that hit it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
glad your car will live!i hate when i get in a hurry and do stupid sh*t,as old as i am you'd think i'd learn!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the gay part was i couvldn even stop the car cuz the lower dash was covering the brake pedal so if my car wasnt there i would have hit the house :-(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my buddy picked it up for 600, just the wheels an dash is about that. it also has roadmaster seats...also poorly swapped lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts