Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not having any luck finding a diagram that shows the pinouts? (A,B,C,D,H) for a 94 b body. Anyone know where I can find this information? And If I read correctly,in other posts it says you cannot use the paperclip method to read pcm codes, does the same apply for the brake module in abs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, did the procedure and got three codes, all being solenoid valve faults. Almost impossible for all three of these to go out simultaneously, so what would cause all three codes to be displayed?
41 — Right front valve solenoid fault — Solenoid position not as commanded.
45 — Left front valve solenoid fault — Solenoid position not as commanded.
55 — Rear valve solenoid fault — Solenoid position not as commanded.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Bad ground on ABS unit under hood?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but does this only apply to a 94? I tried to do this on my 95 Caprice wagon and the H terminal is not there.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Don't mean to hijack, but does this only apply to a 94?
It applies to '91 - '94. '95 and '96 need a dedicated ABS code scanner, unless you have a Roadmaster or Fleetwood, then you can view codes through the climate control display.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Damn! My Roadmaster's ABS is fine, but my Caprice has the light on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update: I cleaned the front two ABS sensors off a few times and switched to ceramic pads, thinking that semi-metallic pads I had on before were creating too much brake dust and interfering with the ABS sensor. Then the light came back on. A/C compressor started making funny noises a couple of days later. Replaced the compressor, no more ABS light. I'm not sure why this threw the ABS light, I'm assuming that it was slipping the belt and causing the alternator to not charge correctly. Not sure, some of you experts probably have the correct explanation, ALL I KNOW IS IT'S FIXED:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts