Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just about to order these, as Dick Miller doesn't seem to be making suspension parts anymore and someone found an alternate website where they were available. I was all set to grab the 7029 part number, but when I checked my suspension parts list, I wrote down the 5029 part number which is for wagons. Since I'm a d-body though, maybe I needed the wagon one? Since the info is gone from Dick Miller's website I can't really look into it. Anyone know for sure which part number fits the Fleetwood's? Please and thank you.

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Apart from the extra length of the Fleetwood body & frame in several places - if I am not mistaken - Fleetwood frames are longer sedan frames, not longer wagon frames.

My guess for what a Cadillac Fleetwood would use:

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Post #124:

You might 'Conversation' (PM in the old days) the poster, but since he makes no specific reference to using a wagon set, and the wagon is 'wider' at that part of the frame, and the D- and B- use the same sway bar, then logic would dictate both sedans use the same brace.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had talked to him in march and was told it might be a while before he makes any more B body braces. Might want to call b4 ordering.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
2,592 Posts
I think the geometry in that area is identical for all sedans. The extra length of the Fleetwood is in the wheelbase, and all rear suspension components are interchangeable. Wagons are likely a bit different.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Yes, you want the sedan ones, and you will definitely like the results.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to everyone for the input. I'm usually very meticulous when figuring out what parts I need/want so I don't know why I wrote down the wrong part number. I remember I spent a lot of time poring through everything DM made on their website, but as far as suspension components, bet I can tell is he's pulled everything from the website. I can find the original links using the part numbers on google, but when I click on them they come up dead. Anyways, I'll probably try ordering a set from that three pedals website so that I have them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
, but since he makes no specific reference to using a wagon set, and the wagon is 'wider' at that part of the frame, and the D- and B- use the same sway bar, then logic would dictate both sedans use the same ...
On 6/16/20 DMR had no #5029-W made up for all B-body sedans BUT as I wrote earlier, he does have many sets of the B -body WAGON braces fabricated and ready for shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.