Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read that Bill Harper has resigned as president. Surprised that there doesn't seem to be any news about it on ISSF.

Sure hope Bill is sticking around the Impala community. His contributions to the community and to me have been extremely helpful.

KC Clark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Originally posted by KC Clark:
Just read that Bill Harper has resigned as president. Surprised that there doesn't seem to be any news about it on ISSF.

Sure hope Bill is sticking around the Impala community. His contributions to the community and to me have been extremely helpful.

KC Clark
Yes he did...I got en email from him thia am. i am sure he will post here soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's true.

Don't worry, I will still be around. I remain ready to support the community and club as I am able.

I have been an ISSCA officer for 5 years, and I see now as a time to open the path for "new blood" to step into leadership of the club--a number of new Directors are joining the Board in January, and a new mix can create energy that I felt I was personally lacking.

To be sure, there are other issues that contributed to my decision to leave, which I will not discuss in any way in this Forum.

It is true that ISSCA has struggled with its part of the bargain as far as what your $40 gets you--and raising dues would not have changed that, so there has been no change in what it costs to be a member since day one, 5 years ago.

ISSCA needs everyone's support if it is to continue to be the focus of Impala SS activities at the National level. If you are a member, please renew your membership now--early. If you are a lapsed member, please consider returning, and if you have never been a member, please consider joining. When Indy registration opens, register to be there! I intend to!

The Board can speak for itself if I mis-state the facts, and it is not my intent to say anything contrary--I just want everyone to know that keeping the focus and direction of ISSCA has become increasingly difficult, and for many reasons totally outside of the club's control. The Board needs to know you are supportive of their efforts--please continue to make that known through your Directors.

My reasons for resignation are not that important here, and I could just as easily have become incapacitated in some way to result in my leaving, and it would be no different--there is still a dedicated group of members serving as the leaders of the club, and I hope each of you reading this will put aside your unhappiness about some of ISSCA's failures and let the Directors and leaders know that you will stay and support them.

I am still a member, and have already renewed for 2006.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll save my comments and "direction" for later. I am stunned, shocked, confused and need to hear the reason why...... Bill, you made no mention of this at the last Gathering we had in Moultrie and I am sure it was not a spur of the moment decicion. Sorry, but WTF?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill as fare as I am concerned you have been one of the most helpful and ask for nothing in return member of the impala community I have meet since I joined in on this myself.Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Skip

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don, I'll say no more here. I do owe you an opportunity to talk about the matters you've pointed out, and I will be happy to contact you at your convenience.

Skip, thanks for the supportive comments. Though we still have not met, I have come to consider you a true friend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill
Thank you for your leadership in the formative years. I look forward to seeing you at events during the 2006 season.

Best regards
Andy Simmons
RAISS Ram Air Intakes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I,ve never met you in person (yet) Bill, but i must say you seem to be a decent, straight talking kind of guy. From all the phone calls we have have shared,. i certainly got the impression that you cared deeply about the well being and prosperity of ISSCA. I must agree with what has been said here, it is quite a shock to say the least. Issca executive dimissed a major player and then lost a complete large active club last year, all over petty politics and EGO nomics,.
I hope you are not being bullied into making this decision.
I wonder if the new president will have as much time for people and their problems as you?
your canadian freind.
Nick Messam.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All the Best Bill....

Thanks once again for all the help you have given me on technical issues about these BeaSSts....

Jim.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bill Harper is a class act all the way. From the minute I started asking stupid questions, Bill has always answered them without making me feel like an idiot.

First time I met Bill in person, he took the time out from his busy schedule to take a peek under my hood and point out things that I never would have noticed. That 5 minutes made a huge impression.

Glad you're sticking around Bill. Your reasons are your own, and I'm sure they're valid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.