Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having to finally replace the stock OEM starter on my 94 Impala SS. I bought a starter from DuBose Mfg and the p/n is not the same as the one given in all the articles on this forum. I got a GM p/n 12588052. The starter p/n given on this forum is 10455709! My starter is certainly light weight and compact, but is it the famous and correct Corvette one? I need to get the beloved 94 back on the road. Oh, yes, I had read that the Vette starter takes different sized -in lenght- bolts. I tried to relocate that info and could find no ref to using diff. length bolts. Have you heard of this requirement for this upgrade?

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
I am having to finally replace the stock OEM starter on my 94 Impala SS. I bought a starter from DuBose Mfg and the p/n is not the same as the one given in all the articles on this forum. I got a GM p/n 12588052. The starter p/n given on this forum is 10455709! My starter is certainly light weight and compact, but is it the famous and correct Corvette one? I need to get the beloved 94 back on the road. Oh, yes, I had read that the Vette starter takes different sized -in lenght- bolts. I tried to relocate that info and could find no ref to using diff. length bolts. Have you heard of this requirement for this upgrade?

My starter reused the same bolts that my OEM one did.
I don't come up with that # you gave anywhere. It would be helpful to post a picture. As long as you got one for a 95-96 LT1/LT4 Corvette it should the one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good news about the bolts. Bad news about the starter. I am going to my Chevy parts counter and sse if they can give me some info on that p/n even thou I didn't buy it from them. I do have the Gary 'Innovative Wiring' for the starter/alt. I did get the longer cable so that won't be a problem.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
What my web search came up with....Looks like its not the right one..

STARTER 12588052 336-1932 SILVERADO SIERRA YUKON H2

·
Registered
932 Posts
my notes show the 94-96 Corvette starter to be GM 10455703

and the Autozone rebuilt as 17124... Don't remember where I got this but I think its right.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought this starter two years ago to have on hand when my original gave out. I now remember when I ordered it, they said this starter was for a Silverado with the Vortec 6.2L LS engine and would fit the LT1 . If it does, it may be another good option. I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
2,755 Posts
A little image searching reveals

vs

Hence while it might fit I don't think it's what you're looking for...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's a little cooler today so I headed out to put the new starter on. This was the new GM starter for late model Tahoe/Yukon/ Avalanche that the DuBose Co. swore would fir. Long hot story short= it won't . The two mounting bolt holes are too close together. It also requires two long bolts instead of one long and one short bolt. Other than than as they say..... I was frustrated to say the least.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts