Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I would like to find out what the diference is between Global West & Eibacks springs is, a friend of mine said that GB springs are allot thicker than Eibacks, and for that reason the ride was firmer, not stiff but firm like a Mercedes, is this right? I will be putting this in my 9c1 and I wuold like to keep my ride quality as close to what I have now but a little closer to the grownd, what do you guys recomend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What are you trying to do with the car? Lower it? Improve handling?

The springs are done on pretty different philosophies. Eibach is basically a lowering spring, with only marginal handling improvements. GW is a "performance" spring that does NOT lower the car, but rather stiffens the front considerably.

It needs to all be done as a package on the suspension. It is NOT a deal where you "apply one part" and the car suddenly handles like the final result you would want.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no experience with springs at all, but Tire Rack is offering the H&R's pretty cheap, if you are looking for cost effective lowering springs and dont want to do as big a drop as the ST's. Ed, do the GW's alter the height at all?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To AutocroSSer and other

I talked to Global West recently and they said that they are working on a set of rear springs to go with the fronts they now offer.

My question to you ED and other who run the GWs, what rear springs do you reccomend that we run now in lieu of GW getting their act together on the rears????

And I too want to know how much they lower the Impala SS and 9c1. :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed, I think I know what you are trying to tell me, I would like to lower the car just a little (stock impala height) and keep the performance that you are talking about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For stock Impala height, go with the Global West fronts and stock SS rears, along with some swaybars (Hotchkis or the F-Body/HA combo). Consider better lower rear control arms to be mandatory.

My front ride height is within a 1/4" or so of stock 95-96 SS height.

Brooklyn : pick up a set of stock SS rear springs.

Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B'klyn9c1:
And I too want to know how much they lower the Impala SS and 9c1. :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I installed global west front springs on my 9c1 about three weeks ago. When they first were installed (yes, the springs ends are in the correct places) they were the same height as boxy 9c1 rear springs. In three weeks they became like 1/4 inch or so lower, which about the same (or even slightly higher) than the original 9c1 springs. Maybe they'll settle more with time but they are definitely higher than original ss springs for now. However, I'm not complaining since they greately tightened the ride + I have more ground clearance

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.