Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a water pump in a box from a guy i bought my rebuilt engine from,now my impala water pump has only 2 connection spots where the new one has three,can i plug the one that doesn't match my old one and it work fine for my car? im guessin it came from a f body.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If the water pump looks like this one Camaro water pump then you have a water pump for a 93-97 V8 Camaro or Firebird. If it looks like this one Corvette water pump you have a Corvette water pump. The one that is for our cars is this one B/D-Body water pump is the water pump that is for B and D body vehicles. - Peter

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok i have a camaro water pump,can i use it if i plug the bottom right elbow(if your looking at it on the car),as that is the one my stock water pump doesn't have

·
Registered
581 Posts
Theoretically yes assuming there are no internal differences with the pump. The hole the 3rd tube is in may just be tapped into the existing water jacket. If so the best way to plug it in my opinion would be to pull the tube out, tap the hole and plug it up. That won't necessarily be easy as its in there pretty good. You would also probably have to switch out the other tubes as well as they come out in different spots that the B/D water pump does. Best bet, as easiest way, though is to buy the proper water pump and sell the F-body one on an F-Body forum. - Peter

1 - 4 of 4 Posts