Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
What about the T/A diff cover with the bearing cap stiffeners? How tight should those be? I'm getting ready to put mine on and was wondering about this.

It isn't thread jacking if you've already gotten the answer to your question, right.

-Mike

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
What about the T/A diff cover with the bearing cap stiffeners? How tight should those be? I'm getting ready to put mine on and was wondering about this.

It isn't thread jacking if you've already got the answer to your question, right.

-Mike

I wouldn't tighten those studs to more than 5-7 ft lbs and would err on the lower side.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Dammit Navy. You always gotta go and use your brain! OMG, why didn't they ship the cover with these. ****s.

-Mike

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone know if this applies to the Caprice with a smaller axle?

Also, I changed my rear diff fluid day before yesterday and have a few concerns. One is the gasket. The original one I got it from O'Reilley's didn't fit so I had to go back and have the counter guy look up a bunch of stuff and measure my cover. The new one fit perfect but didn't have the holes. I didn't see how they really worked anyway and the original one didn't have them so I figure no biggie but now I have some very slight seepage. Going to try these torque specs tomorrow to see if the bolts budge but I had them in there good and tight.

I forgot my other concerns. :rolleyes:

Old thread, I know. Better than making a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts