Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What' sup guys i have a 95 impala ss and was wondering why would smoke be coming from the dipstick tube? Dye was recently added to find an intake leak that i had would that have anything to do with it? Thanks

· Registered
136 Posts
Hopefully the former. If its a lot of smoke, start shopping for a motor.

Mine (L05) went downhill quick after I noticed it. What was a noticable amount of smoke six months ago now pressurizes the crankcase and blows the PCV valve out of the grommet or the dipstick out of the tube, or both.

I'm currently in the middle of swapping it out.

· Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no not excessive at all, i just noticed that it was doing it a little when i checked the engine. I just got a new PVC valve put in recently, and how do i stop it any questions. And i pray that it is not that i need another engine. I only have 110,000 on this one, How do i unclogg the PCV vent hoses, thanks

· Registered
701 Posts
Either the PCV/vent hoses are clogged, or you have excessive blow-by.
+1, maybe the shops blunder involves the pcv hose? You could try 1 grade thicker oil, but thats a band-aid for excessive blow-by, since its caused by bad rings. You could also check to see that the pcv has vacuum.

· Registered
701 Posts
Id just pull the metal tube loose from the pcv valve rubber hose looking-piece that attaches the pcv to the metal tube. The metal tube is annoying and i find it easier to do it this way. There should be decent vacuum with the engine idling. Also, once the metal tube is disconnected, the pcv is easier to remove.

· Registered
701 Posts
It should idle, abeit a little higher. Basicaly like a huge vacuum leak if theres decent vacuum. I don't know of another place to check for vacuum to the pcv other than the other rubber piece on the other end of the metal tube thats kinda under the TB.

· Registered
701 Posts
Id just keep an eye on the oil psi and oil level if the car runs ok, with no knocks, blue exhaust smoke or oil consumption. EDIT: About the the oil psi, have you done the 9c1 oil pressure sender mod or HuSSkers better than 9c1 oil pressure sender mod? if not, the factory 95 SS oil gauge will not read true...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.