Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know if the 2" in the front and 3" in the back drop with the DJM drop coils make the car sag in the back? Otherwise, the DJM springs look pretty sturdy and they have a lifetime warranty. :eek:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am running DJM springs. 2 inches in the front and three inches in the rear. Judge for yourself on how they look. It still has a slight rake in the right direction. I was worried about that myself.
As far as the ride goes, I am happy with it. They are a bit spendy, but they lower the car as advertised. I don't think there is a company out there that sells a spring that will drop the car anymore that theirs.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have anymore pics of your car with that drop? it looks perfect like that. whats the price on the djm, and hows the ride and stuff?

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More pics to come. I paid like 250 for the set, front and rear. It looks lower in real life than it does in the pic. I am happy with the out come of it all. The ride went from grandma to sport, it took a little while to get used to. I like a cushy ride, but the ride the DJM springs gave me wasn't bad at all for the drop they give.

R

·
0 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sprint springs give your car a nice stance. How much were they,where do you get them and are they heavy duty built(thick) like the DJM's with a lifetime warranty???? :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
O.K. I went to the website and read up on the Sprint springs. What kind of ride do you get with these springs? Do they fall out when you lift the car?
Thanks ;)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where can I find the Sprint Springs cheaper than $289?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The ride was fine when I installed them with shorter bump stops, but I think my shocks are going now because it rides a little floaty, but they are stock decarbons with 50k on them and the springs have been on since 38k. I got them on sale at Street Trends so I got a really good price. They do flop to one side when I lift the car, but thats because they are so short. All in all I like them alot I would use them again.

HTH
Rick

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for 250 bucks thats an awesome stance. i was thinking intrax, but i'd go lower if i could. thats for the link the the sprint springs too. its definatly something to think about.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If your looking for a good cheap set of springs try H&R. I have them in the Caddy and they are really nice. Click the link in the sig and you can see how the car sits. Also go hereand you can see what tire rack offers for the Impala. This is were I got my springs from. HTH

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
scrappy, you don't have bags on your car? thats nice and low. i'll check your link thanks man.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted at least a 2" drop and I don't think the H&R's make the stance as low. :confused:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
camel,

The bags arn't in yet. I'm still gathering parts. I still needs the selinods. The H&R's are in right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts