Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Gonna be a real uphill fight for many reasons. Most those interested in something like these already have them... Few race these cars that haven't all along. Today's younger owners seem to have little interest ,or understanding in anything other than huge rims ,and huge stereos. Organizing group purchases alone is complicated. Getting enough people to sign up is hard enough. Getting them to pay up is quite another. Good luck though.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
They're going to want 20-30 to make it worth making the fabrication jigs alone.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
The drivetrain does not go down the exact center of the car ,or it's body.
Suspect body is not symmetrical so that other parts can be.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I wouldn't call Dick Miller's braces "shitty" since they fit on my car like a glove

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Shop claims they are not symmetrical ,yet they fit. If that is true ,and I have no idea if it is. Then I'm suspecting the mounting points are slightly different so the trailing arms can be the same. Whatever the reason ,I'm sure there is one. I don't know where the difference(s) lie ,but it seems like any machine shop should be able to make them. Either by duplicating an existing pair ,or from scratch using an actual car.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Guess I don't see what the problem is. Symmetrical ,or not the parts are different from each other anyway....Most folks don't get into the weeds to this extent. They just want the parts to fit ,and one I got from Dick Miller fit exactly. Couldn't care less if they were perfectly symmetrical.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Don't you have access to a car to test fit these bars on?
Maybe there is something wrong with this pair.
However ,if they fit perfectly as mine did?
Then you'll know for sure they have to be the way they are.

Reactions: Marky Dissod
1 - 8 of 8 Posts