Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Impala SS
546 Posts
Contact angelo here on the forum he has what you’re looking for.

Go to this weblink and you’ll see what you’re needing and who’s selling it.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Back in the day, we knew the bolt size that fit where the pipe went. I have no idea what it would be, but most auto parts stores, not to mention Home Depot, have thread sizing thingies. Just take the hollow bolt out of the manifold to Home Depot and figure out what size stainless bolt you need.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Back in the day, we knew the bolt size that fit where the pipe went. I have no idea what it would be, but most auto parts stores, not to mention Home Depot, have thread sizing thingies. Just take the hollow bolt out of the manifold to Home Depot and figure out what size stainless bolt you need.
This thread (along with numerous like it) recounts more about the AIR Disable/Delete than anyone should want to know. It contains size of the metric plug for '94-early '95, and the 'Murican one for 2nd Ver.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Hi, i have the parts for a 96. the routing of the pipe is slightly diff for 94-95 on one side or maybe both sides, i forget.
OP, you can PM me if you can't remove the AIR pump setup and need it to pass your states emissions test/ inspection.

-ALF out...

·
Registered
8,972 Posts
Those air pump pipes are extinct as I looked for the DS one last year because mine was cracked which caused a rich condition on that bank which cause emission test issues. Unfortunately for me being in CA you can't "delete" the system...just "disable" it. I climbed the mountain all the way to the governing board of BAR asking for a waiver since the system was legally disabled, sticker on core support, per GM TSB way back when, GM simply did not want to pay to remove them, just do a relay pull and on 96 cars reflash the PCM. My point to the BAR guy was I have to pay to fix a legally disabled emission component that now IS an emission problem. His answer was to try another shop that would overlook removing it....face palm, I said I don't want to be that guy who gets slammed for deleting an emission device in CA and pay that fine unless I got something in writing (waiver)...needless to say it's still on car now but fixed

So I had my cracked one TIG welded and bought new check valves on Rckauto. The cut/bend/fold over method will leak and FU fuel trims. Use the correct size bolt to plug the manifold if you live in a state where emissions are not an issue relative to an air pump

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
per GM TSB #01-06-04-011 way back when, GM simply did not want to pay to remove them, just do a relay pull and
on '95 & '96 cars
reflash the PCM.
A mere technicality stops Tech Service Bulletin #01-06-04-011 from applying to '94 LT1 cars as well as '95s & '96s.
That being said, since there are no functional differences between '94 LT1s or AIRpumps and younger ones, it stands to reason that '94 AIRpumps are also just as useless.
"... the Secondary AIR Injection system is not required to
meet emission requirements for these vehicles only."
'These vehicles' = B- & D- sedans and wagons with L99 or LT1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts