Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 95 9c1 and want to add dropped spindles in place of lowered springs. I bottom out way too much.

First, has AIM fixed the problems that I have heard about in the past? Second, are Civilian/Impala/9c1 spindles all the same or are the 9c1's larger?

Thanks, NAESS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If you want to lower it, get proper lowering springs. Let's just say if you have "bottoming out" problems now, that Dropped Spindles aren't gonna exactly solve your problem.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have ST's up front w/1/2 a coil cut off and lowered bumpstops and I'm constantly slamming down on them. Having dropped spindles will afford me ~2" more clearance hence the need for them.

Now, back to my questions, are the AIM spindles "fixed" and will they fit a 9c1 or just a civi?

NAESS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The AIM spindles fit an SS, which means they will also fit a 94 or early 95 9C1.

That said, I think you're not reading what I said. For the issue you're describing, going to drop spindles is not gonna solve your problems.....

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I put dropped spindles on the car and put stock SS springs back in along with different shocks, the front end will have about 2 more inches of travel before contacting the bumpstops. This is what I am after.

I guess I'm missing what your trying to say.

NAESS

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
READ MY POST ON AIM, no they have not fixed their issues.. I went through 3 or 4 sets just to have to grind down their faults on the final set. (this was in November) unless they got all new people. After all the shipping and issues, it would ahve been cheaper to get belltechs, and not worry about the 'cheap' parts... Do a search on AIM SPINDLES in november, its a full chronicle of even our emails.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drop spindles and Caprice springs might be safer for you, but this topic has been beat down, and any comment i say will open the worms again.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I seriously doubt that AIM has fixed any of their problems and i will say as always: never buy anything from AIM.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have 9C1 springs, it might be interesting to try putting drop spindles on with them. I have drop spindles on mine and its too low unless you want to do some cutting in the wheel wells which i had to do. It's working fine for me but i would in no way recommend them to anyone else unless you want to put in more work than you expected to be able to actually drive. My car still rubs if i try to go around a corner too fast with more than 2 people in the car even with my new bilsteins. SS springs and spindles are too low
if you have the 9C1's, you might want to give them a try. I got my Chassis Tech spindles and they worked fine for me from truckliftkitstore.com? i cant remember but its in one of my post. Shipped quick.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try the ZQ8 Bumpstops. Im sure it will help some on your bottoming out issues. At least it will help it cushion it a tad.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Get the bell tech spindles. I run them and they are really good. I have some bottoming out problems but I think its because I need some new shocks.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, AIM still blows. Not much of a suprise and thanks.

Yes cushioned bumpstops will go along w/the install and SS springs that are stock for now.

Then, if I still need to go lower we'll go from there.

NAESS

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NAESS : re-read what SSlumpin Imp wrote. Cliff notes : if you do the spindles with SS springs, you're gonna be right back where you are now albeit with a significantly lightened wallet

1 - 13 of 13 Posts