Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my stuff in the mail and I've been reading about the install. One thing that I'm not sure about is that my swaybar didnt come with any hardware. The LCA's came with 4 bolts and 4 nuts. I should be able to use the stock bolts for the swaybar right? If not, which ones will i need?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
home depot or lowes..
(4) 1/2" bolts, (4) 1/2" nuts, and (4) 1/2" nylock nuts...

buy out of the Grade 8 bolt section...

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Y'all must have a much better Home Depot then around here. I swear they didn't even know what grade 8 was until I finally found the hardware manager who said they had to special order them.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i can't use the normal bolts ehh.. i need to get two sets of nuts? thats weird..

and how long are the bolts i need?

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought the bolts that came with the LCA's were for the swaybar. I guess I better take a closer look at the ones I just got.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just got new BMR lowers and they supplied 4 bolts with the arms. If you're talkin about reusing the stock swaybar bolts, you can't since the arms are drilled all the way through and aren't threaded. I have an HA bar and felt the supplied bolts were a little spindly so I got the bolts and nuts mentioned above from ACE hardware or Lowes...my HD store never has anything I need.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On closer inspection, the bolts that came with the LCA's are for mounting the swaybar because they're too thin to be for the LCA mounts. I think they should work fine but I may check out the other bolts mentioned if I feel its necessary

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bolts that come with the BMR arms are for the 'swaybar'. I couldn't re-use my stockers anyway, they were mostly rust. They're plenty strong, when I installed them on my white car I beat the hell out of the car and eventually broke the frame, the bolts were just fine, hehehe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts