Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to piece together a set of bolts for my motor from old piles of bolts.

Do you recognize any of these??? Or do any of you have any pictures of a set of bolts for the accessory bracket?

The six bolts on the right are for the water pump.

1 - PS pump? - they're NOT the throttle body bolts
2,3,4 - dunno
5 - dunno
6,7 - maybe something for the alternator? one had a nut on it, hopefully for a reason
8 - dunno

CLICK FOR HIGH RES

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i could tell u for sure ONE of the bolt all the way to the far right goes on the waterpump and the airbox. some of the bolt in the middle belong to the waterpump. at least 4 of them. one screw on the far left goes to the waterpump as well. the bolt with the nut definitely goes to the alternator. the rest im not too sure about

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you're guessing. Which is what I'm doing. That isn't going to work!

I should have mentioned that I've parted/built several motors so I have multiples of the same bolt at times.

i could tell u for sure ONE of the bolt all the way to the far right goes on the waterpump and the airbox.
True, but I already knew that. Like I said above, The six bolts on the right are for the water pump.

some of the bolt in the middle belong to the waterpump. at least 4 of them.
Nope, none of those go to the water pump. I tried to line up all the bolts so the lengths could be compared easily. The two water pump bolts are NOT the same length as those other bolts, therefore they're not water pump bolts. My guess is that they go in the accessory bracket somehow.

one screw on the far left goes to the waterpump as well.
Nope, not the right length.

the bolt with the nut definitely goes to the alternator.
That would be good if it did. I need to measure these things...

·
Registered
586 Posts
So what have you done that you have all those bolts out of the engine? That will help significantly with the guessing game.

One of those on the right is for the water pump and AIR pump bracket, and bolts 2,3,4 look like other water pump bolts, but if you've pulled the intake off, or something, I'll have to have another look.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what have you done that you have all those bolts out of the engine? That will help significantly with the guessing game.

One of those on the right is for the water pump and AIR pump bracket, and bolts 2,3,4 look like other water pump bolts, but if you've pulled the intake off, or something, I'll have to have another look.
HectorM52 said:
I'm trying to piece together a set of bolts for my motor from old piles of bolts.
HectorM52 said:
I should have mentioned that I've parted/built several motors so I have multiples of the same bolt at times.
Again, these are old bolts from the motors I've parted out over the last couple of years. I'm trying to put together a "set" of bolts so I can build a motor without having to pay someone for more bolts.

None of these are intake bolts. Way too long.

I am seriously thinking that they're some conglomeration of accessory bracket bolts. Does anyone know if the Camaro and Caprice accessory bolts are the same or different?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts