Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
If you have enough Patience, skills,tools,money, and such, pretty much any GM 4spd Auto Shifted can be made to work.... I'm sure someone will chime in with the needed info on the parts for said conversion..... I'd say atleast a Camaro Shifter Cable, trans lever and bracket would be a good start, you would then need to dewire a few things....

· Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Typically GM shifters if they are cable operated used the same mounting structure or indexing hole for all there shifters since I would assume late 80's, get a blazer shifter cable and once you get the olds shifter out of the olds, make sure that the ends will match up , I am betting that they do, when I installed the full bonne console including the shifter in my car, before the T56 that is all that I used, was a blazer cable and the shifter from the Bonne and the cable plugged right into the shifter base. I say go for it, and by the way the cost of the shifter and the cable aren't going to set you back much and the materials to mount it maybe 100 bucks, It think that is all that I spent on mine, are there easier options sure, but I always like the wow what is that out of look that people give when they see something different in our cars rather than the typical console from an Imp. :)

Mike

· Registered
321 Posts
i have a 96 caprice and i wanted to convert into floor shift but i wanna try this shifter it looks real tough its out of a 1988 Oldsmobile Toronado
Man,
I like the Stirrup shifter, very classic Chevy :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.